Monday, October 24, 2011

Play lists.. Decisions... Play lists... Decisions...

About a little more then a year ago I made a really hard decision.  Really hard.
Anyhow... a lot of time has gone by and I realize I did make the right decision.  You see... I had a really great friend whom we'll call "D" and D and I had a falling out over personal reasons which I will not disclose in the blog, but let's just say it was a long time coming and let's just say the more I look back on it the more I realize it was one of the best decisions I ever made for both of us and I can't speak for her, but it has made me much more aware of the true importance of true friendships.  

Tonight.. I was having one of the past memory reflections about good times D and I had together.  You know the times you do want to remember and the memories you do want to hold onto.   I think it is good to hold onto good memories of your past even if those memories are with a person no longer in your life for whatever the reason may be. I will always remember those times and I will always be thankful she was in my life for those years we did have a great relationship.  When I think like this I realize I am a better person for it.  I am more forgiving and more understanding of the little things in life.

Anyhow, I am working on my play-list for runs and I came across some about friends and it just made me think about D. Lame I know... but just sharing the love.

Hoping my tendon issue in my foot doesn't become more then it is.  I really want that BIG medal for running the 3-1/2 marathons this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment